Sunday, September 28, 2008

Graf#9. Metagraf

I decided to write about the pellet stove because it has been on my mind lately. I just installed two of them last weekend and I’m still working the bugs out. I was mad as hell the first time I turned mine on. A heat shield inside was not hooked up right and every time the auger motor turned on it made a horrible racket. I fixed that by taking it out, bending it to the correct shape, and putting it back in with some high temp silicone around it to deaden the sound. It is quiet now. The four tons of pellets I bought suck even though they say premium on the bag. They smolder and smoke, plus they don’t through the heat like some of the other good hardwood pellets do. No use bitchin’ about them though, after all I’m stuck with them, and they do burn.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

I haven't read the essay yet, but this sounds a lot like an outro!