Friday, September 5, 2008

Graf#4

I can tell you right now, I am one of the world’s worst procrastinators. I have my house as example A. Never ending piles of crap tucked away and out of sight, you never know what you’ll find hidden in the darkest corners. I tell myself “You need to take care of that”, every time I glance in that direction, but there it sits, untouched and awaiting attention.
I don’t know where I got his terrible affliction; my folks are some of the most organized people you could ever meet. Without any thought at all, they could point you in the exact direction of something and either one of them would be right at any time. Instead, look at my workbench in the basement, example B, I had thought of using that for the inventory assignment but figured I didn’t want to spend a week on it. I have to constantly remind myself to do things. It’s easy for me to forget about stuff though; my job and home life keep me very busy.
Spending time with my family is my favorite thing to do, even though I don’t do it enough. I work in the evenings (3:00-11:00PM) so I don’t see much of my oldest boy during the week, he’s in school. On the weekends we try to do as much as possible together but lately I’ve been working on the house when I’m not at work. Every summer we go on vacation for at least a few days but not this year, no this year it was a “staycation” filled with home improvement projects. Not having our usual little getaway has really increased stress around here.
As far as what makes me unique, that’s a good question. I’m sure there are thousands if not millions of people out there that can fit what’s listed above. Maybe what sets me apart from the rest is my constant over thinking. I spend more time thinking about how to do something than actually doing it. This Graf is a perfect example; I’m breaking the rules and thinking, not writing. The judge in my mind is being ever so critical of every last word but I can’t get it to stop. I think acknowledging this problem may be what sets me apart.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

This Graf is a perfect example; I’m breaking the rules and thinking, not writing. The judge in my mind is being ever so critical of every last word but I can’t get it to stop.

:) Well, you're fighting the good fight and you haven't procrastinated into the danger zone, so give yourself a gold star for the day and go power up the circular saw or whatever.