Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Contrst Essay Intro #1

In my line of work I encounter all kinds of people. I am the trainer, the one who teaches how it’s done and I have perfected this black art, at least in my own arena. The text book from which I teach is nonexistent. My course is all in my mind somewhere and catered to the individual student. I have been the voice of guidance, and judgment for all that have been set before me, pass or fail. I won’t lie, more have failed to live up to my high expectations than those who have succeeded. But the hand full of people who have passed are more than capable to take over for me when the torch is passed. As for the failures, I’m often the last person they work with within my companies walls. The few failures that eek past me end up in some monotonous job doing the same thing day in and day out. The one thing that keeps them there is that they show up almost every day. The few that can do my job are the hard workers and the ones who can’t compare are the lazy.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

I like this one better but the reader still needs to know what the work is. Remember you contrast the two types in three different areas, one area per support graf.