Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Classification Outro

So what did I go with? After reviewing all the information and hassling some gun dealers to death I picked a nice, nearly new, stainless steel SIG P232. I found it in a small local gun shop for the unbelievably low price of $439 dollars, this firearm new is listed at $840. It had barely ever been fired and had no signs of abuse. It is chambered in380. ACP, which is a fairly cheap and readily available cartridge, it is also available in +P rounds which give it the same ballistics of a nine millimeter Lugar. Being stainless steel it requires minimal cleaning unless it’s fired and even then it doesn’t get that dirty. I can carry it in a leather, high ride holster virtually undetected under a sweatshirt but I still have easy access to it if I need it. And best of all its light, weighing in at just under two pounds with a loaded clip. Now I just hope I never get in a situation where I have to use it, I’d rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

1 comment:

johngoldfine said...

Sure, this is fine. To kick it up a notch, imagine the drunk again, imagine getting run off the road again, but this time the drunk gets out, all belligerent, and this time, you reach under your sweatshirt and....

YOu might want to go there a little in the close, but if not, this certainly sounds like it fills the bill.